Friday, June 10, 2011

Happy Weekend!

Wishing everyone a fantastic weekend. I'll be spending my time doing this:

Me blocking Whitey Vulgar of the Nutcrackers
(ignore the crazy eyes...)
photo by David Morris

The Boston Derby Dames have a double header this weekend. First the Boston Massacre will take on Gotham's All-Stars from New York, and then my team, The Wicked Pissahs, will play the Nutcrackers. If you're in the Boston area, you can still get tickets online until midnight, then at the door tomorrow! Doors open at 4pm, first bout at 5pm, second bout at 7pm. It's a fun, family-friendly event, and it looks like rain tomorrow so why not spend your afternoon with us?

Other than wearing booty shorts and roller skates and knocking people around, I'll also be reading this:


I got my ARC of The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler in the mail today! Thanks to Corrie Wachob for sending it on (I won it off her super-hilarious blog). I've already started reading it, and as a child of the 90s (class of 2001 HOLLA!), I am totally digging all the pop culture references. Oh Jay and Carolyn, you had me at "I strapped my discman to my arm."

Hope you have a happy weekend!

No comments: