Thursday, May 12, 2011

On the road again...

Two trips down, three to go.

Me, chasing down the Jersey Shore Jammer ... don't I look scary?!
photo by Sergio Keith Abe

Both my bout weekends ended in losses (100 points to Jersey Shore, 90 points to Philly), but that's ok. Both weekends were epically awesome. Some of the Philly skaters took us to the dance club to end all hipster dance clubs, and we shook our booties until the wee hours of the morning. Oh, and then we stopped at a ritzy hot dog truck, where I got a dog with provolone, parmesan, and asparagus. Seriously, best hot dog I've ever eaten, and just what I needed after four hours of dancing!

Tomorrow I set off for four days in my hometown of Maryville, TN. As I mentioned before, my lil sister is graduating from high school, and I have to be there to see it.

Isn't my sister's prom ensemble TO DIE FOR?!
Love that headband, and she wore pretty gold flats!
 
I fly out tomorrow (connecting in DC), and my plan is to get through my entire manuscript on paper. All 278 pages (84k+ words). That will give me all of next week to put my edits into the actual Word doc (a task I plan to finish on my flight to Chicago). If Meant to Be isn't the most well-traveled novel in the history of YA novels ... well, I just don't know what to think. I guess it's appropriate, since MTB is all about travel and exploring London.  And Maryville, TN and London have quite a lot in common ... um, ok. That was a stretch...

My revisions are due just before my epic trip to Las Vegas, so maybe I'll have to work on my shiny new idea during that trip ... it's a roller derby YA, folks!

No comments: