Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A gaggle of cool links, because I'm busy READING and WRITING!

The holiday weekend was a lot of things, but productive was not one of them. Maybe it was the margaritas, maybe it was the slip 'n slide, maybe it was the fireworks or the sunshine or the heat or ALL THE FREEDOM, but I didn't write a single word.

Ok, I take that back. I wrote four sentences. FOUR SENTENCES! So I have a lot of catching up to do right now. Plus I have roller derby games on Friday night, Saturday night, AND Sunday morning. Yikes.

So while I'm gone, here's a few fun things to look at and read:

It's not going to turn out the way your thought
This popped up on my Tumblr dash today, and I instantly fell in love. I think it's a good read for YA authors, to remember to give your characters (and yourselves) some perspective.

See you later, speculum at Slate.com
Soooo this is going to change the way we approach our lady bits... though I will say, the article is right at the end. I like my annual visit to my gyno (who happens to practice at Planned Parenthood, bastion of all that is good about sexual health). You do not lie to your gyno. You always tell the truth. And there's something oddly therapeutic about that, no?

HelloGiggles
Yes, yes, Zoey Deschanel is one of the gigglers ... but the real star is Molls, who I've been following on Tumblr/Twitter for a couple years now and who is a SCREAM. Seriously, subscribe to their feed, it'll get you through many a dreary day.

Custom Latitude/Longitude Bracelet on Etsy
I want one for Bloomington, IN, where I went to college and grad school, and where part of my heart will always live.

Sporcle - Mentally Stimulating Diversions
Click it. Then I'll see you in a week.

Tip Tuesday: Once Upon A Time
An awesome post from Casey McCormick's blog on how to write Chapter 1. I'll be using this as I polish my weak-ass first chapter.

No comments: